SUMMER 2018 BELLY DANCE RAQS CLASSES WITH SAMMIE!
Summer 2018 Regular Class Info:
Instructor Bio and Contact:
Sammie’s love of belly dance began when she joined the student organization, Hill and Veil at Virginia Tech in Spring of 2007. For the rest of her time as an undergraduate, a Master’s student, and a Doctoral student, Sammie remained involved with belly dance as a way to stay active, relieve stress, and make lifelong friendships – things that she hopes to bring to University of Hawaii students (Manoa and West Oahu) through the student organization, Belly Dance Raqs.
As a dancer, Sammie continually seeks to challenge herself through participating in workshops and classes with a variety of instructors, creating new choreographies, and performance! She has had the amazing opportunity to take lessons and/or workshops with Malia Delapenia, Thana Tarab, Elena Faye, Sabah, Victoria Teel, Moria Chappell, Bagoas, Madame Onca, Petite Jamilla, Bozenka, and Frank Farinaro – all of which have played a role in her growth and development as a dancer.
While Sammie will always miss her belly dance family on the East Coast, she is excited to have a new belly dance family here in Hawaii, and to spread her love of dance even further! Sammie is currently available for private events and workshops.
Also available for private lessons, choreography coaching, and custom choreography!
What are YOU Doing This Summer?
Do you have a song you’d LOVE to choreograph?
Sammie would absolutely LOVE the opportunity to work with you and/or your small group this summer to make your vision come to life! Whether you want to be guided through the choreographing process, or whether you’d like her to create a custom piece just for you, she can work with you to achieve your dance goals!
Benefits of private lessons: Individual (or small group) attention, Classes customized to YOU, Works with YOUR schedule, Convenient meetings at your place or my home studio!
What’s on the Menu:
- Individual Private (Solo or Group) Sessions – 1-2 hours on a topic of your choice
- Beginner Belly Dance Starter Kit – 4-6 1-hour sessions for the dancer who wants a good starting point for the basics!
- Intermediate/Advanced Dancer Coaching – 4-6 1-hour sessions for the dancer wanting to more seriously advance their dance – individual assessment, feedback, and strategies to build and develop individual style!
- Choreography Coaching – 4-6 1-hour sessions for the dancer wanting additional support through the choreographing process!
- Custom Choreography – 4-6 1-hour sessions for the dancer wanting a full piece choreographed in my style just for them!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org) for details on pricing for any of the specialized packages offered this summer (she also offers college student rates).